Despite the extreme circumstances that the entire world is subject to by the pandemic, God proved His faithfulness and steadfast love for the people being touched through FEBA/FEBC’s ministries by allowing the work, not merely to continue but to flourish.
Every year has been fruitful, and God is always faithful to reward good stewardship and wise leadership. There was something significantly different about 2020 and 2021 in comparison to previous years that can only be attributed to the hand of the Lord and His goodness.
Without hope, our strength will fail (Lamentations 3:18) Without hope people will be in a continual state of grieving (1 Thessalonians 4:13). Hope in Christ, His promises and His salvation is the only positive force that can propel us beyond uncertainty and life’s inevitable hardships. FEBA/FEBC’s stations in Africa and across the world all have one common message, no matter what language or dialect they speak. The message is, that in Christ alone our hope is found (Psalm 62:1-2). Through coming to the knowledge of Christ, and the gift of salvation, millions of lives were restored.
Psalm 62:1-2 “In Christ alone my hope is found; He is my light, my strength, my song; This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.”
Since the beginning of 2020, listener feedback increased by 10 times. This is mainly due to new lines of communication that are being utilized by our teams like WhatsApp, Toll-free helplines, and other social media platforms. Previously, listeners could communicate with our teams telephonically, via sms, direct mail or emails only.
Here is a short overview of what God did in and through our local and international stations this year:
- FEBA Malawi (Litala FM) were able to secure their own permanent building, purchase the mixers, transmitters, computers, sound proofing, and other equipment needed to run a fully operational station. They were also granted their FM licence after three years of waiting since their application was submitted. Staff members who were laid off during the lock-down were re-employed later in the year. This new station equipped with a powerful transmitter is reaching 3 million Yao-Muslims.
- Several outreaches were hosted in collaboration with local churches through Shahada Radio in Chad which served in establishing the station’s authority as a credible spiritual voice in the community. More than 100 ministers and worship leaders from different congregations broadcasted their sermons. Solar panels were installed which allows the station to broadcast during periods of loadshedding which can extend for several hours and even days. At the beginning of 2020, the station was only able to broadcast for 6 hours per day. Once the solar panels were installed, they increased broadcast time to 12 hours per day, and now broadcast for a total of 18 hours per day.
- In October 2020, FEBC Korea launched a powerful 200,000-Watt AM station on Daebu Island, that reaches the entire North Korea. Anyone with an AM radio can hear the Good News. The station broadcasts gospel programs 18 hours per day. Although listeners from North Korea cannot contact the team in South Korea, they know from regular feedback they receive from North Korean refugees that their broadcasts are being heard.
- Relief was provided to thousands of families by many of FEBC/FEBA’s ministry fields throughout the pandemic. This was done through the provision of food parcels, maize or other seeds for replanting. Through these new initiatives many people accepted Christ and became regular listeners.
- A key partnership was established with contacts in Niger that will provide us with an opportunity to broadcast to the nation that is 99.3% Muslim.
The facts and statistics paint a very impressive picture, but nothing is more profound than the words of our listeners.
We believe that out of everything we accomplished by the grace of God this year, providing millions with the access to His Word is the most satisfying. If you’ve ever experienced loss, or felt isolated and powerless you’d be able to relate to Tungalag, a listener from Mongolia:
“I am over 70 years old. I live alone in Ulaanbaatar. My children live abroad. A while ago, I took your ministry’s Itgel radio device. This radio device is my true friend. Due to the pandemic, I could not attend church. I spent all my time at home. But Itgel radio device helped me not to feel sad or alone. I turned on the radio and listened to worship songs. I mostly listen to Bible lessons at night. Several months ago, I started attending the TEE (Theological Education by Extension) provided by FEBC Mongolia. The lessons help me to increase my Biblical knowledge.”
Thank you for making your resources and time available to be used in advancing God’s kingdom. We pray God’s blessing over you and your families in the new year, may you receive new vigour, strength, and zeal.